Thursday, February 26, 2009

From time to time..

I write poetry when I'm properly stimulated. Below are a couple examples...

Mania
Knowing there is light he embraces the darkness
Inner peace shrouded by inner chaos
Thoughts and feelings licking the soul
like flames to the heavens

A daydreams laughter becomes nightmares screams
brings balance to rampant thought
An inner voice cracks lacking confidence
words translated by emotion to crystal clarity

Constant thought muddled and confused
Heart and mind in epic battle
for the soul's acquiescence
for the soul's creativity

Uncontrolled meddling imagination
A far too silent conscience
held captive by the child
in delusional control of chaos

Accustomed to swirling thought
the silence of mental clarity deafening
Judgements clouded and shoved
by swirling emotion


To my father
I hate the way you make me cry
I love the way you make me laugh
I hate only having memories of you
I love the memories I have to cherish
I hate the way you leftI love the man I have become
I hate that my children will never know you
I love that I am able to give them a piece of you

I love you, dad
forever, your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment