Thursday, February 26, 2009

Infuriating question

A question I've been asked several times is "Why do you love me?". That question I find very frustrating and very infuriating. How does one go about proving an idea? The only thing I have at that point in time is my status quo answer, "because I do". That answer is rarely accepted, so let me try a different approach. Let's try some examples or possibly better answers...

Because I hold your life in higher regard than my own. I would lay on the grenade for you, I would push you out of the way of the oncoming bus, I would choose you first in dodgeball. I would call you first when there are many other calls to be made. I would worry about you when there is nothing to worry about. I would try to make you happy when you are not. I would hold your hand when you're crying because you held mine when I did.

Why do I love you? 'cause my heart tells me to...

1 comment:

  1. "I would chose you first in dodgeball", just sums it all up for me. That's Love right there.

    ReplyDelete