Friday, May 29, 2009

Absolutely Amazing

Brain puke enganged:

I am amazed everyday by the day-to-day lives of other people. The breif glimpses I get paint a very large and disturbing picture. It's one thing to be self aware, but it's another to be aware of things around you. I love how society has come to the conclusion that all of our problems are other peoples fault.

Brain puke suspended

I have to say, it has been quite a rough week. It's been 4 years, but I celebrated the passing of an uncle that was more like a brother to me. Being only 6 years apart it was pretty easy for us to connect like brothers. A lot of thoughts of him and the weekend he was killed in a car accident. That weekend I was supposed to go over to his house (he lived in Ohio) and we were going to hang out like we always do. It had been quite a while since I had been over there and it was long overdue. Today I cannot tell you why I didn't go, I just don't remember. We were in a low point in our friendship due me putting off helping him when I said I would. He had a lot going on at his new house and he was very excited to get things moving. Things were going really well for him at work. The process of getting promoted was in the works and he was scheduled to be married within the next month. At his funeral, it hit me that I didn't know any of the people there other than my own family. He had touched so many peoples lives and as close as we were I should've known more. I'm typically not one that carries guilt, but I know that he died not knowing the brother I should've been.

On a brighter note, my best friend was vacationing in France (whore). It's been interesting not having my normal understanding outlet. I've been lacking the interaction that I've come accustomed to.

Some things are going on at work that have really shown me how under appreciated I am. The eyes are now open and the mouth is shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment